- Buying Club Pickup Hours
Thursdays: 3 pm - 8 pm
Fridays: 3 pm - 6 pm
Saturdays: 9 am - 12 pm
News & Events
You may have heard that berries such as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are known as “superfood” because of they are pack full of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, anti-oxidants and more. Nutritionists and doctors report that eating berries can help reduce cholesterol, help prevent diabetes, and boost your immune system.
But have you heard that your skin can benefit from the “super powers” that berries posses as well? The website “Skin Care and Aging” reports that using berries on your skin can:
- reduce wrinkles
- exfoliate skin, and
- remove acne (http://www.skincareandaging.com/reveal-younger-skin-with-berries/)
Organic Gardening magazine also document the benefits of using berries for skin care because of their pigment: Anthocyanin, antioxidant: Ellagic acid, Essential fatty acids, & Vitamin C. Read the full article here: http://www.organicgardening.com/living/berries-for-beauty
Many skin care products are available that include berries in the ingredients, but you can make your own with DIY recipes provided by Organic Gardening:
- Anti-aging mask: Mash up a handful of raspberries with a spoonful of honey and apply the mask to clean skin for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Cranberry face scrub: In a bowl, blend 1⁄4 cup cornmeal, 2 tablespoons freshly crushed cranberries, 1 tablespoon buttermilk, and 2 teaspoons honey with a fork. Massage onto your face and neck for 2 or 3 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Apply to clean, damp skin once or twice a week.
- Three-berry antioxidant hand and foot mask: Mix 3⁄4 cup each of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with 1⁄2 cup kefir in a blender. Apply to your hands and feet. Wash off after 10 to 15 minutes.
Do you have a favorite recipe that uses berries for your skin? Forward it to to share!
- Friedman Family Fisheries 2019 Report
- Baby Hemp Superfood Now Available!
- Do’s and Don’t of Order Pickup
- Welcome New Supplier: River Bottom Roasters (Aug 2019)
- Meet A (New!) Supplier: Reed Farms (June 2019)
- Meet New Supplier: Red Dragon Mini Farm (March 2019)
- 2019 Spring Break Closure Schedule
- Welcome New Supplier: Ivy Hill Farm of Smithsburg, MD
- Co-op News
- Community Involvement
- Eco News
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- How To's
- Monthly News Article
- Recycling Tips & Hints
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 1/19/19
Total Number of Member Households: 177
(240) 329-2395 · 25 West Church Street, Hagerstown, MD · ©2017 Valley Co-op