- Buying Club Pickup Hours
Thursdays: 3 pm - 8 pm
Fridays: 3 pm - 6 pm
Saturdays: 9 am - 12 pm
News & EventsPosted on August 6, 2015 by
Something magical happens to the texture of bananas when they are frozen. Placing this sweet fruit in the freezer for just a few hours transforms it into a creamy, almost guilt-free, frozen treat. Bananas are sweet already, but the options are endless for customizing this dessert to your tastes.
For this round of banana “ice cream” I used local cherries, organic dark chocolate, and coconut-flaked granola as a garnish, with a drizzle of local honey on top. If it is sweet, it will work. Many of the ingredients used can be found right here at the Valley Co-op.
You will need:
3 frozen bananas
A handful of cherries, pitted
70% Cacao Organic Fair Trade Dark Chocolate
Drizzle of local honey
Dollop of grass-fed yogurt
Sprinkling of granola of your choice
– Peel and freeze bananas for a minimum of three hours, or overnight
– Remove bananas from freezer, break in half and add to food processor bowl with a quarter of a cup of water.
– Process into a smooth and creamy texture.
– Add in cherry pieces and chocolate broken into small pieces.
– Pulse until add-ins are pea-sized. Don’t pulverize it unless you only want the flavor, not pieces.
– Spoon into cups and top with yogurt, granola, and a drizzle of honey.
– If you really want to get fancy, add a cherry on top. Enjoy!
*Any extra can be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for up to a week.
– Matt and Amber Buhrman
- 2019 Spring Break Closure Schedule
- Welcome New Supplier: Ivy Hill Farm of Smithsburg, MD
- Farmer Meet & Greet Event
- Call for new Board Members! -2019
- Whispering Breeze Farm offering Turkeys for Thanksgiving 2018
- Reducing single use plastics with Good Gracious Gardens
- Meet New Supplier: Smoky Bend Farm
- Valley Co-op Closing for Summer Vacation
- Co-op News
- Community Involvement
- Eco News
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- How To's
- Monthly News Article
- Recycling Tips & Hints
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 1/19/19
Total Number of Member Households: 177
(240) 329-2395 · 25 West Church Street, Hagerstown, MD · ©2017 Valley Co-op