- Buying Club Pickup Hours
Thursdays: 3 pm - 8 pm
Fridays: 3 pm - 6 pm
Saturdays: 9 am - 12 pm
News & EventsPosted on October 3, 2015 by
As we work through our surplus of apples this week, applesauce is always a favorite among the little ones. Along with a trip to the co-op, it is important for children to not only know where their food comes from, but also how it is made. Cooking is an important life skill, and kids can start helping in the kitchen at a very young age. In our family we begin with applesauce. As an added bonus, your house will smell AMAZING.
3 large apples
½ cup of berries, pumpkin or your favorite add-in
Dash of cinnamon
Peel and slice the apples and place them in a saucepan over medium high heat.
Add ½ cup of chopped berries or other fruit.
Simmer for around 15 minutes until fruit is softened, remove from heat and drain off most of the water.
Let mixture cool, add to a blender or processor, add cinnamon and blend until it is a smooth puree.
Refrigerate for up to a week and enjoy!
- 2019 Spring Break Closure Schedule
- Welcome New Supplier: Ivy Hill Farm of Smithsburg, MD
- Farmer Meet & Greet Event
- Call for new Board Members! -2019
- Whispering Breeze Farm offering Turkeys for Thanksgiving 2018
- Reducing single use plastics with Good Gracious Gardens
- Meet New Supplier: Smoky Bend Farm
- Valley Co-op Closing for Summer Vacation
- Co-op News
- Community Involvement
- Eco News
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- How To's
- Monthly News Article
- Recycling Tips & Hints
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 1/19/19
Total Number of Member Households: 177
(240) 329-2395 · 25 West Church Street, Hagerstown, MD · ©2017 Valley Co-op