- Buying Club Pickup Hours
Thursdays: 3 pm - 8 pm
Fridays: 3 pm - 6 pm
Saturdays: 9 am - 12 pm
News & Events
Starting October 14, 2017 Valley Co-op will be offering dairy products from South Mountain Creamery, which is located in Middletown, Md.
Co-op members will be able to order milk, half and half, yogurt and butter. Milk will be offered in quarts and half-gallon quantities, both in glass bottles. Bottles have at $2 deposit, which is refunded upon return.
From the South Mountain Creamery website:
“Our cows spend their days on pasture. Fresh air, sunlight, and endless grass is provided for them. They also come and go as they please from their freestall barn, where they can get comfortable out of the weather. In addition to grazing, we feed them a nutritious mix of the crops we grow ourselves. Our dairy and beef herd are born and raised on the farm. Our laying chickens are cage-free and certified humanely raised.
We take pride in being good stewards of the land. All of our land is under agricultural preservation. We use cover crops to protect from erosion, use non-GMO seeds with proper crop rotation. We have a close relationship with our customers, and understand your food concerns. We consider these concerns with everything we do and with the standards and expectations that we set with our farmer partners. We are here to provide you the best, most nutritious local food, that you will feel good about eating.
Our dairy products are made right on the farm, from start to finish. Our cows are milked 50 yards away from our production plant. Within 12 hours, the milk is bottled or made in to yogurt, cream, butter, sour cream, or ice cream. “
- City Market is Growing! Vendor list as of November 2017
- Welcome supplier: South Mountain Creamery
- Kraut demonstration – 10/14/17
- SAVE THE DATE: ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AND OPEN MEETING 2018
- A Local Taste of Autumn: Farm to Table Meal at Shepherd’s Spring
- Friedman Fisheries 2017 Salmon Report
- August FREE Saturday Events at the Co-op Market
- Valley Co-op Practical Workshop: Fermenting, Part I – PICKLING Aug. 26th at the Co-op Market 9-12
- Co-op News
- Community Involvement
- Eco News
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- How To's
- Monthly News Article
- Recycling Tips & Hints
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 6/2/15
Total Number of Members: 628
Volunteering Members: 26
THANK YOU FOR GROWING WITH US!
New Members Since 1/1/15: 140
Total Number of Members on 6/2/14: 176
Members gained since then: 452
(240) 329-2395 · 25 West Church Street, Hagerstown, MD · ©2017 Valley Co-op