News & Events
June continues to be “Berry Month” at Valley Co-op. We didn’t have much luck finding a supplier for strawberries. We’ve heard that “it was a bad year for strawberries” Keep on the lookout for a potential supplier for next year! This order fresh picked blueberries and blueberry ice cream are available.
This order cycle features our meat farmers. A new supplier for poultry is included this time around, get to know A Slice of Heaven here. We are considering increasing meat availability to every order cycle for the summer as a test. Please send your feedback about this change to email@example.com.
- New supplier, A Slice of Heaven offers whole frozen chickens, butchered right on their farm last week. Please read this article to get to know their business and products.
- Cookie & Crumb Bake Shoppe will be offering two new cookies this cycle: Fudgy Mint Chip using Equal Exchange Mint Chocolate Bars, and Squirrel Stash! A Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie topped with Almonds, Walnuts and Pecans. We will also be baking fresh Chocolate Chip Scones and our Wholesome Granola Bars.
- Please welcome Frog Eye Blueberry Farm, a locally well-known “pick-ur-own” located in Pleasant Valley. The farm has new owners and is now picking for the Co-op. Blueberries are IN!
- Littons is offering produce including blueberries.
- Fresh whole spelt flour, emmer kernels, and sprouted emmer kernels are being picked up from Small Valley Milling. Thanks to Joe & Pirjo for making this drive to Halifax, PA!
- Spirit of the Lotus Teas are still in the process of moving from their physical location so they are not offering teas this order cycle.
- Trickling Springs Creamery Ice Cream Flavor of the Month: Blueberry
Members are needed to work pickup Thursday (6/21), all day with most help needed Thursday 4-8. Please sign up online so that we know to expect you.
We will continue to make changes to our pickup procedures to make it smoother. We ask that you
- follow signs of entry and exit,
- allow a Pickup Volunteer (with a snazzy nametag) to assist you, and
- double check your products against your paper invoice.
Mandatory volunteer requirement starts 7/1/12. We will discuss volunteering at length at the upcoming General Membership Meeting (save the date!). If you have a special interest or skill, please contact Susan Simonson to discuss how you can donate your time from home, on the phone, or via the internet.
Members: Go to VCShop to Order (Opens 6/14 at 6 pm; closes Monday, 6/18 at 9 p.m.)
Not a member? See How to Join Valley Co-op as a member.
New to ordering? Visit our How to Order page.
Help out and Volunteer: What’s Needed and Signup
Have questions about ordering? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to visit our website (www.valleycoop.org) for other Co-op news and info on upcoming events.
- Addtional Supplier Services
- Breakfast & Brunch
- Co-op Business & Development
- Community Involvement
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- Homemade Cleaners
- How To's
- Meet a Supplier
- Monthly News Article
- Online Ordering
- Order Info/Archive
- Recipe Roundup
- Recycling Tips & Hints
- Your Food
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 2/25/12
Feb (9), Jan (4), Dec (9), Nov (5)
Number of Volunteers: 51
Number of members making purchases:
Data coming soon.