News & Events
Can you believe it’s almost July? With produce season in full swing, make sure you check out the new offerings that Valley Co-op has each cycle! Have a great July 4th Holiday!
We are increasing meat availability to every order cycle for the summer as a test. Please send your feedback about this change to email@example.com.
Specials and news this cycle (#58):
- Cookie & Crumb Bake Shoppe will be on vacation in July, but will be back and offering goodies to the co-op in August.
- Frog Eye Blueberry Farm will continue to offer bluberries this cycle. Please return blueberries boxes at pickup this cycle for re-use.
- Littons is offering cucumbers, picklers, yellow squash, and zucchini to their inventory. They also still have blueberries available!
- Green Bamboo will not be participating in this cycles order.
- F&D Apiary will have a new crop of honey from this season. It’s a lighter honey from locust and clover from the southern washington county area. They have some dark honey from a mixture of wildflower as well. If anyone is interested in the darker honey, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spirit of the Lotus Tea Company is back this cycle. Check out their great selection of teas!
- Mulberry Farms will be offering free range chickens at $15 each (they average about 4 lbs a piece). They also have red beets for sale at $2/lb and they will be offering homemade marshmallow cream (all natural) – great for topping ice cream or peanut butter sandwiches!
Members are needed to work pickup Thursday (7/5), all day with most help needed Thursday 4-8. Please sign up online so that we know to expect you.
We will continue to make changes to our pickup procedures to make it smoother. We ask that you
- follow signs of entry and exit,
- allow a Pickup Volunteer (with a snazzy nametag) to assist you, and
- double check your products against your paper invoice.
Mandatory volunteer requirement starts 7/1/12. We will discuss volunteering at length at the upcoming General Membership Meeting (save the date!). If you have a special interest or skill, please contact Susan Simonson to discuss how you can donate your time from home, on the phone, or via the internet.
Members: Go to VCShop to Order (Opens 6/28 at 6 pm; closes Monday, 7/2 at 9 p.m.)
Not a member? See How to Join Valley Co-op as a member.
New to ordering? Visit our How to Order page.
Help out and Volunteer: What’s Needed and Signup
Have questions about ordering? Email: email@example.com
Be sure to visit our website (www.valleycoop.org) for other Co-op news and info on upcoming events.
- Addtional Supplier Services
- Breakfast & Brunch
- Co-op Business & Development
- Community Involvement
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- Homemade Cleaners
- How To's
- Meet a Supplier
- Monthly News Article
- Online Ordering
- Order Info/Archive
- Recipe Roundup
- Recycling Tips & Hints
- Your Food
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 2/25/12
Feb (9), Jan (4), Dec (9), Nov (5)
Number of Volunteers: 51
Number of members making purchases:
Data coming soon.