News & Events
Please welcome Jane Bussard to fill our new Volunteer Coordinator position! Jane is a relatively new member of Valley Co-op, joining us in February of this year. She and her husband Ed have been actively helping out in a variety of volunteering events since becoming members. They recently moved to Hagerstown from North Carolina and are enjoying learning about their local community through the Co-op and other community groups.
As the Coordinator, Jane will be chairing the newest Valley Co-op committee for Volunteering which is now responsible for recruiting volunteers and tracking their hours towards membership requirements. (Need to know more about logging or tracking your hours? Click here. Deadline for this quarter is 9/30/12)
You might be receiving a phone call from Jane since she will be assessing the needs of the Co-op committees and members’ volunteering interests. Members are needed to assist the Volunteering Committee to accomplish the following:
- Review new member applications and identify which volunteer jobs they wish to support. Contact members directly or forward the new member’s contact info to the appropriate committee chair.
- Solicit members to fill time slots for every order pickup date and/or other VC events whether by telephone or email.
- Provide updates to membership of volunteer needs via VC Yahoogroups or VC newsletter.
- Assist members with identifying jobs they can do to satisfy their quarterly volunteer requirement
- Act as the primary contact for members if issues arise with meeting volunteer requirements. Bring to the attention of Leadership individual requests for “forgiveness” of the volunteer requirement.
- Work with the membership committee to track members’ volunteer hour logs. Contact members who are soon to be on probationary status due to not meeting the 6 hour per quarter minimum volunteer requirement
- Submit a Volunteer Coordinator report for every monthly Leadership meeting summarizing the activities, needs and decisions required by Leadership.
Contact Jane (firstname.lastname@example.org OR 301-302-5262) to volunteer in any capacity in Valley Co-op or to assist with the Volunteering Committee. Many of the committee’s tasks can be done from home, online or telephone.
- Addtional Supplier Services
- Breakfast & Brunch
- Co-op Business & Development
- Community Involvement
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- Homemade Cleaners
- How To's
- Meet a Supplier
- Monthly News Article
- Online Ordering
- Order Info/Archive
- Recipe Roundup
- Recycling Tips & Hints
- Your Food
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 2/25/12
Feb (9), Jan (4), Dec (9), Nov (5)
Number of Volunteers: 51
Number of members making purchases:
Data coming soon.