News & Events
Serves ~6-8, with leftovers; easily doubled or tripled
- 2 ½ – 3lb. Pork sirloin roast (any boneless pork roast, like pork loin [not tenderloin])
- medium onion, diced
- 1 cup root beer (this makes it pleasantly sweet)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1 cup (or more) bottled chili sauce
- dashes of bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 small bottle (or more) of barbeque sauce
Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut roast to fit crock pot. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper, place in crock-pot. Add onions, root beer and garlic. Cover, cook on low-heat for 8-10 hours or on high-heat for 4-5 hours.
Remove roast to large plate or casserole dish, allow to cool slightly. Dump out all liquid from crock-pot and reserve, allowing to cool. I usually also wipe out the crock pot with a paper towel, With two forks, pull meat apart into shreds. Sometimes I cut the roast into smaller, more manageable chunks before pulling. Return all pulled pork back to crock-pot. Add chili sauce, hot pepper sauce, barbeque sauce and add small amount of reserve juice. Stir, keep warm in crock pot. Add more sauces and juice until you’ve reached the desired juiciness and flavor of meat. Serve from crock-pot with rolls.
Serve with lettuce leaves and tomato slices with sandwiches or top with coleslaw!
- What’s New for Order #84
- My Juicing Journey
- We Bought A Farm…a Blueberry Farm! Get to Know a Supplier: Frog Eye Farm
- New July Order Schedule
- Spreading out & Moving across the hall….
- SPEAKER: Becoming Bay-Wise: Creating Healthy, Sustainable Gardens
- Using Berries for Skin Care
- Get to Know: Product – Green Food Feast from Wilderness Family Naturals!
- Addtional Supplier Services
- Breakfast & Brunch
- Co-op Business & Development
- Community Involvement
- Food News
- Get to Know…
- Homemade Cleaners
- How To's
- Meet a Supplier
- Monthly News Article
- Online Ordering
- Order Info/Archive
- Personal care
- Recipe Roundup
- Recycling Tips & Hints
- Your Food
Valley Co-op Stats
as of 2/25/12
Feb (9), Jan (4), Dec (9), Nov (5)
Number of Volunteers: 51
Number of members making purchases:
Data coming soon.