The Co-op has no employees, only volunteers. ALL that we’re accomplishing is due to the generosity, dedication, and time commitment of members like you.
Why volunteer? Because…
- you want Washington County to have a strong community nurtured by a healthy local economy;
- you like the idea of eating local food, instead of trucking and flying in products from all over the world (grown under who knows what conditions);
- you like having a say in which groceries and produce you have access to;
- you want Valley Co-op to grow its numbers so that it can buy greater quantities in bulk, reducing prices per member;
- you want Valley Co-op to continue to be affordable, which it will not be if we need to hire employees to do work that our members could do;
- you want to meet and work with a generous group of people freely willing to give of their time and energy;
- you appreciate having Valley Co-op in our neighborhood, and want to ensure that we have enough hands to do our work without burning out!